Wanted: Programmes Support Manager for Cida Co, Leeds
One of the consequences of moving to Leeds is that we are losing Rachel, a hugely valuable and valued member of staff. The new impact on her travel to work is proving just too demanding. She has held the reins on the range of contracts that Cida Co is working on and has been a critical part of our team. We will miss her enormously but we now need to bring in someone else to help us.
PROGRAMMES SUPPORT MANAGER
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 pa:
Location: Leeds – although some working from home is possible. A willingness to travel in the UK and overseas is also required
Hours: on average 37.5hrs, Mon to Friday, flexible – but extra hours and unsocial hours may be required to meet the exigencies of the job. Overtime payments are not made but time off in lieu may be applied.
The role is best suited to someone who has had some experience of coordinating several projects at the same time. It involves co-ordinating, managing and/or supervising a portfolio of local, national and international projects across three main areas:
- grass roots support for creative practitioners
- strategic consultancy on creative economy for governments
- B2B innovation support in the private, public and third sectors.
Generally speaking, in Cida Co, project design is led by Anamaria (CEO) and Keith (MD). They meet with the Project Manager to go through the proposal and to determine the scope of the project and to analyse its requirements. Once the contract is awarded, the Project Manager prepares a plan to deliver the project, which helps to turn the idea into reality!
Preparing a project plan includes:
- Determining resources and capability to fulfil project requirements
- Establishing and agreeing the costs and availability of resources for completing the project
- Agreeing the allocation of resources for implementation
- Planning, implementing and monitoring risk management processes
- Monitoring progress of the project including regular liaison with the project delivery team(s) to ensure targets are being met and outcomes delivered
- Preparing interim reports as required
- Ensuring close liaison with partners as required including representation of Cida Co at partner meetings as required
- Supervising the submissions of timely claims as appropriate
- Preparing and submitting the final report
The job also includes:
- Maintaining the Cida Co website, (www.cida.org) including responding to enquiries and uploading, editing and archiving content.
- Maintaining the In Smart Company website (www.insmartcompany.com) , including uploading, editing and archiving news and blog entries and carrying out SEO tasks.
- Event management – liaising with relevant parties to schedule dates and ensure the organisation of logistics for presentations, workshops and other events, managing attendance lists and supporting the event management on the day.
- Executive support for the Managing Director including diary management – liaising with contacts and clients scheduling phone calls and meetings.
We would expect to be able to see evidence of the following skills, experience and attributes in your application.
- Methodical approach
- Attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- High level skills in literacy, numeracy and communications, both on and off line
- Demonstrable evidence of some experience of project management, whether paid or voluntary
- IT literacy coupled with an interest and curiosity about use of IT in planning, communications and project management
- Ability to use shorthand and good word processing skills
- Experience of working in the arts or in a creative thinking environment
- Capacity to work as a member of the team, with minimal supervision
- Excellent references appropriate to this job
Working in Cida Co
The company (formerly known as CIDA International) has been in existence for over eleven years. In that time, we are proud to have made a notable contribution to the growth and strength of the creative economy in Yorkshire, across the UK and internationally.
The company is made up of a small core team, of which the Programmes Support Manager is a critical part. We are supported by a group of highly skilled and experienced creative practitioners and thinkers who are regularly involved in the delivery of our projects, who know us well and who are an essential part of the Cida Co team.
The culture in Cida Co is informal and friendly. The office is deliberately open plan so sharing of information is easy. One of our current projects is the Apprentice Producers programme, funded by the Arts Council and being delivered in partnership with the Cultural Olympiad i-move team. The six newly appointed Apprentice Producers have desks in Cida Co and will be in and out of the office over the next year. No doubt this will add to our occasionally frenetic and always creative working atmosphere!
Cida Co is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes all applications that meet the requirements outlined above.
To apply, please contact Dawn Rogers, Company Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), for an application pack. Closing date for applications: 12 noon, 30 August 2011. Interviews: 8 September 2011